Gallery Education & Tours
Group & Tour Packages
• Guided Tours
• K-12 School Groups
• College and University Groups
• Other Organizations & Groups
We are pleased to offer guided tours and activities to schools, organizations, corporations, and individuals. Our offerings include an understanding of contemporary art and relevant themes that relate to the world around us. We can customize any tour to include an art activity or special feature.
Group Rates & Information*
Minimum group size is 10. Reservations are required 1 week in advance.
10-20 people: $150
20-40 people: $200
40 + by special arrangement and fees
Per person fee for groups of less than 10: $15 per person; does not include an activity**
Group Rate Includes:
• 20-30 minutes tour plus ACCESS to Art Lounge & Hands-on Room
• 2 chaperones per every 10 people; $10 fee pp for additional chaperones
• One chosen “included” activity (see below); customized activities available for a fee
Included Activities (choose one):
• Tour with interactive gallery games for school groups
• See and Sketch
• Interactive tour followed by sketching in the Gallery
• Spotlight on Contemporary Art
• Tour with focus on relevance of contemporary art
• Zoom into Two
• Spotlight on 2 works of art in current exhibition with conversation
• Art on the Shelf
• Tour and time to peruse the art library in Art Lounge with tea and coffee
Art in the House
• Tour and history of Helen Day Art Center and the historic building
• Cool it in the Gallery
• Tour of galleries with highlight on museum and gallery etiquette (great for students)
Yours to Explore +call for pricing
Art tour + art activity or short workshop connected to the exhibit (can be modified for depth and complexity of art activity and audience age)
Art Break +$15pp
Tour followed by bagged lunch in the Art Lounge (or Gazebo during fair weather)
Curator’s Eye +$10pp
Tour with Curator to hear behind the scenes information related to the exhibition
Teacher’s Choice +$10pp
Tour designed by teachers with particular curricular thread in mind (either self-guided with gallery staff support or led by staff)
Teacher’s Time +call for pricing
Special tour of current exhibit with follow-up time to relax in the Art Lounge. Evening or Daytime event.
You in Mind +$15pp
Our Gallery team will design a tour around your needs with follow-up time to relax and explore in the Art Lounge.
*K-12 School Groups and Groups of K-12 Teachers qualify for scholarship assistance.
**Individual Walk-ins will be accomodated based on availability. Activities are not available for walk-ins.
***The Current works to promote a culture of inclusion and accessibility. We are wheelchair accessible with a ramp in the front of the building and an accessible elevator inside the front entrance to bring you to our second floor location. Large print materials or other accommodations can be provided with 10 days advance notice. We can adjust the environment for those with autism or other disabilities that create sensory sensitivity. We use non-toxic and non-scented cleaners and paint in our galleries for those with chemical sensitivities.